I am a somatic bodyworker who loves to help people feel more connected and alive in their bodies through touch.
How do we do that?
It’s different for everyone. Sometimes it’s all touch, sometimes it can take talking, others it’s about identifying and changing everyday movement patterns. Usually it’s a combination of all three. And it doesn’t take as much heavy pressure or force as you may have been conditioned to believe. Pain isn’t as useful for healing or growth as we’d like to think. Your body is a delicate and resilient instrument that we can tune together.
Bodywork Modalities Studied
- Structural integration
- Lomi Lomi
- Myofascial release
My goal is to help you where you are at, give you information that you can use to help yourself, and to remind you that your body knows how to heal itself. Energy is the flowering magnetic field pattern of the nervous system and the structures it weaves together (muscle, bone, fascia, viscera, etc.). We don’t know how it’s supposed to be shaped, only how it’s supposed to feel.
My work starts with presence and deep listening. I use the rhythms of the body, knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology as a map, and we navigate through the constellation. My personal research and learning centers around yoga, contact improvisation, moving in lots of different ways, attachment theory, polyvagal theory, and the stories we tell ourselves that influence our behavior and movement.
People I Work With
- Dancers, athletes, and performers who want to fine-tune their body
- Bodyworkers, healers, and who want help with physical self-care, belief changes, and emotional growth
- People who want relief from headaches and chronic pain (acute or residual)
- People who want to participate and be active in their healing/growth process
Types of Sessions
- $90 – 90-minute body tuning for dancers
- $90 – 90-minute craniosacral
- $90 – 90-minute nervous system mapping/recalibration
- $90 – 90-minute rest and recovery
- $90 – 90-minute emotional/story release
We can wake up a surprising amount of landscape in one 90-minute session. And the first session is also just us getting to know each other… Working together over a longer term seems to lead to more benefit. I prefer to start with at least three sessions. And my gauge of success is that eventually you don’t need me to help you feel more connected and alive in your body.
Here’s What a Session Might Feel Like
- Session 1: TBD
- Session 2: TBD
- Session 3: TBD
- $250 – 90-minute craniosacral for head trauma
- $250 – 90-minute nervous system mapping/recalibration
- $250 – 90-minute rest and recovery
- $250 – 90-minute emotional/story release
- $250 – 90-minute body tuning for dancers
Ways I’ve Moved
- Martial Arts
- Mountain Biking
- Trail Running
- Barefoot Hiking
- Barefoot Running
- Contact Improvisation